CA Legislative Updates on Plastic Waste and Single-Use Packaging
In the legislative webinar, we will discuss the latest bills and initiatives about recycling mandates and the potential fees that the printing and packaging industry would have to pay in order to meet potential new mandates.
In this webinar we will highlight:
• The “California Plastic Waste Reduction Regulations Initiative” which may appear on the ballot as an initiated state statute on Nov. 8, 2022 or earlier.
• The numerous recycling-related legislative developments, including SB 54 which seeks to institute new recycling mandates.
• Other policy concepts that could appear during the 2021-2022 Legislative Session here in California.
Learn about important policy developments potentially affect packaging requirements in California such as those which would:
• Require producers to ensure that single-use packaging and foodware is recyclable, reusable, refillable, or compostable by 2030
• Require producers to reduce or eliminate single-use plastic packaging or foodware that CalRecycle determines is unnecessary for product delivery
• Require producers to reduce the amount of single-use plastic packaging and foodware sold in California by at least 25 percent by 2030
• And others
Be ahead of the game in terms of what’s coming down the pipeline in Sacramento.