Thursday, November 30 I 11am-12pm
2 Second Lean - A Practical Way to Improve Your Company & Life.
Do your people fix what bugs them? That's the simple premise of 2 Second Lean, which leads to employees making small improvements every day. The approach is having a profoundly positive effect on a growing number of manufacturers since the publication of Paul Akers' book by the same name in 2011. This webinar examines the value of implementing a 2 Second Lean management system through the experience of Cambridge Engineering, a manufacturer of heating and ventilation systems. You'll discover why it worked for Cambridge and how it can work for your printing or converting company. The webinar is in association with the 2018 Continuous Improvement Conference.
You Will Learn
- The philosophy of 2 Second Lean
- A path to total employee engagement
- The #1 job of a leader in an improvement culture
- Why "fix what bugs you" is the mantra of 2 Second Lean
- How to create a culture that thrives on change
- The role of videos in cementing and celebrating improvements
- Lessons from one company's transformation
Thursday, December 7 I 12-1pm
The USPS: Things You Didn't Know You Need to Know
Everyone knows that the Postal Service is big, moves a lot of mail, and has been struggling as hardcopy mail volume declines. But is that all that a printer or printer/mailer needs to know? This webinar covers how less visible conditions, actions, and future events may have a bigger impact on the companies that produce mail than those companies may realize. Understanding how external events--like what Congress does or doesn't do about USPS challenges, or marketers' changing behavior--will impact mail and, in turn, mail producers (and printers) may be key to important business decisions.
You Will Learn
- The basics about USPS operations and finances
- The legal constraints impacting USPS business
- Why and how postage rates are set
- What drives USPS operational and financial decisions
- How future mail volume depends on current events
- Upcoming external events that will shape postage rates
- How the next 12 months may be consequential for the USPS and mailers
Thursday, December 14 I 11am-12pm
Patent Trolls and the Printing Industries; Why You Should Care
Looking for ways to combat Non-Practicing Entities (NPE's) also known as Patent Trolls? The NPE's are firms with the sole business of launching patent claims against targeted companies that can cost millions of dollars in fees to defend. Suits are often directed at a company's Non-Core Product(s) and not the products they make, use, or sell for profit. What can you do? IPISC can help you to defend against infringement allegations and challenge the validity of the patent asserted against you.
You Will Learn NOT to
- Expect the US Government to enforce your IP rights
- Assume that you won't get sued
- Assume you have IP-specific coverage with general liability insurance
- Believe your company is without IP infringement risk IP Insurance is not too expensive.
Learn what you can do to fight back!
Tuesday, December 19 I 11am-12pm
Virtually every printer wants to improve their bottom-line. If they are earning profits they want to increase them. If they are breaking even or have a loss they want to turn their operation around. PIA's Financial Performance Assessment is the tool to help. The FPA makes it easy to determine why your firm is not performing up to expectations and provides specific steps to improve performance.
The FPA includes four steps:
- Analysis of your key performance metrics
- Comprehensive variance analysis of your strengths and weaknesses
- A managerial action plan
- Follow-up consultation
All a member has to do is complete a questionnaire on their most current year financials plus a few operating metrics. The analysis is performed by staff from PIA's Center for Print Economics and Management.
What You Will Learn
- What a Financial Performance Assessment is.
- How it works
- The FPA process
- How to schedule an FPA